CALABRO TIRE & AUTO SERVICE has served the Pittsburgh South Hills area since 1941. Started as a small auto and truck tire service, when recapping was a featured service, the business has grown and expanded to a 9 bay tire and automotive full service facility.
In the 1940’s rubber was an essential commodity and retread tires were needed for the Armed Forces during World War II. The market changed when radial tires were the tire of choice and the 1950’s saw the growth of auto ownership. Calabro Tire expanded and added auto repair service.
Calabro Tire & Auto Service has serviced customers for 3 generations. State-of-the-art equipment is now used to meet the demands of a tire market that features custom wheels and larger tires. Computers dominate the diagnosis of auto repairs which now mandate that technicians know more than just turning a wrench.
Customers appreciate the family owned attention they receive and with numerous Readers Choice awards over the years we feel fortunate to have loyal customers who continue to support our hometown business.